Kristen + Kurt | Immaculata | Scripps Forum
Kristen + Kurt | Wedding Highlights
...and now for the out-take reel
April Photo Shoots
With the arrival of Spring (and Spring Break) April seems like the perfect time for a photo session. We had quite a few this past month and here's a sneak peak:
Senior Pics & Family Photo Session | La Jolla
Tom & Yang's Engagement Session | Sunset Cliffs
Class of 2012! | La Jolla
Looking forward to what May has to bring. Happy Spring!
Jen + Scott | Thursday Club Wedding Video Highlight
Jen and Scott were married at the Thursday Club in Point Loma. They hired us for Photography long before the big day, but we're quite set on video. I remember emailing with Jen while I was in New York two weeks before their wedding about how to make it work for them. I was SO happy when she told me they had decided to go for it.
Her email this morning made my day: "We LOVE it! And we are sooo happy that everything worked out and we even have a video to remember our wedding day!! Thanks for helping me see we needed one! It is a blessing!"
Some things are just too special not to be documented. Congrats again Mr. & Mrs. Martin
Katie + Brandon | Balboa Park Engagement
Katie - your makeup looked beautiful and the two of you look great together! I'm excited to share the rest with you. Hope you both had fun!
Whitney + Brian | The Dana on Mission Bay
Whitney gave us complete trust to do whatever we wanted when it came to her video, including a little bit of force to do it in the first place. We gave her a lot of exciting surprises along the way and we're all beyond thrilled that they loved everything we did to make her day amazing.
Her email response to this highlight totally made my day: "That is soooo awesome! I love this video, I loved that day, I love life."
Their wedding was filled with love and focus on their relationship. Almost all of their vendors were close friends and professionals in the industry, so the whole day flowed seamlessly. Eric Scott Gold made sure that everyone had an excellent time and even set up fun, surprise reception lights for when the party really got started. My favorite part was Whitney's surprise voice-over message that we made with her for the father-daughter dance.
Whitney used a lot of our wedding videos to help her plan, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you stole a few ideas from her too.
Thank you to the Bob Hoffman team (Bob, Tara, Tom, Jonathan, Bryan & Tristan) for working so hard to make my friends wedding great :)
Photo + Video | Bob Hoffman Video & Photography
DJ | Classy Event Group, Eric Scott Gold
Venue | The Dana on Mission Bay
Florist | Randi Tucker
Officiant | Greg Tucker
Guitarist | Aaron Tucker
And a little bit of coordination by me :)
Whitney + Brian | The Dana on Mission Bay
Probably within three weeks of their engagement the biggest parts of wedding planning were taken care of. She picked The Dana out of a magazine and she didn't spend too much time making decisions. She told me "when I know I like something, done, NEXT...this is fun," and so only the details were left for the next several months.
For their wedding we did photography, videography and a special surprise "I love you" voice over recording to her parents that Eric (Classy Event Group, DJ) played during her father/daughter dance song.
Thank you Whitney, Brian & family for letting Bob, Tara, Tom, Bryan, Jonathan and me (and Eric of course) play such an important and special role in your wedding day. We love you ;)
Photo + Video | Bob Hoffman Video & Photography
DJ | Classy Event Group, Eric Scott Gold
Venue | The Dana
Flroist | Randi Tucker
Officiant | Greg Tucker
Guitarist | Aaron Tucker
Katie + Eric | Backyard Bonsall
Amanda + Chris | Admiral Kidd Club
|Amanda's sister was so cute. She was pretty much over picture taking before the wedding started, so Amanda had to trick her into "helping with her dress" so we could make sure to include her. I love this moment.|
|I think this picture is hilarious. So many emotions at once!|
Meg + Eric | Same Day Edit
Congrats Meg & Eric!
Bob Hoffman Video & Photography.
Meg & Eric's Vendors:
Video, Montage & Same Day Edit | Bob Hoffman Video & Photography
Coordination | Brenda Swann of Swann Soirees
Entertainment |DJ by the C
Floral | Blush Botanicals
Venue | Private Residence & The Crosby
Cake | Extraordinary Desserts
Rentals | Concepts Event Design
Michelle + Travis | The Bahia, William D. Evans
Jill + Andy | La Jolla Engagement
Jackie + Arnold + Baby Hailey
Tina + Eric | Cuvier Park & Bistro Pazzo
Thanks Eric and Tina for having us as part of your wedding day. And for letting me dog sit during the ceremony :)
We Love Enticing Tables
Here's a few photos from our photoshoot with them at the Coronado Island Marriott.
Floral | Dawn of Embelishmint
Cupcakes | Frosted Robin Cupcakes
Decor | Enticing Tables
Photo | Bob Hoffman Video & Photography
See more on our facebook!
Caroline + Scott | Grand Tradition Estate
Caroline and Scott met in college and had an incredible romantic wedding on really the most perfectly beautiful San Diego day! We did their entire wedding with two cameras, plus some surprise third camera footage from Tara and her little new HD cam!
Here is their romantic wedding day highlight from the Grand Tradition! I shouldn't spoil the video, but I definitely got a bit emotional seeing the carriage ride in with her dad. That really is magical. I loved seeing their parents watching them during the ceremony and Caroline & Scott "dancing" with grandma via skype at the reception. Caroline is a cheer coach and all her girls were there to cheer them on at various parts of the reception. Adorable.
Videography by Bob & Bryan. Editing genius by Tommy D
Kathryn + Nathan | Same Day Edit | Estancia La Jolla
Kathryn's mother and sister hired us for this as a complete surprise to the couple and everyone in the room! Once we were done and 110% satisfied with what we made for them, we were ready to show it! After dinner we started off by playing a photo montage of the two of them growing up, and then of them together. Just as the presentation came to what looked like an end, we surprised the crowd with beautiful shots of Kathryn & Nathan's wedding.
As we stood nervously in the back of the room a guest next to me was crying and laughing. I'm pretty sure she had no idea I was part of team behind the showing, but it cracked me up as she said "SHUT UP, OMG, is this live? Where is this coming from? How did they do this?" and then when it ended she said "OMG, Bob, you're totally hired for my wedding." I considered her tears and comment a major success on our part - thanks girl in the blue dress :)
Here is the same day edit or "Mad Dash" as it was shown on their wedding day. Thank you to Kathryn's mother and sister, Gloria and Gretchen, their incredibly helpful and patient coordinator, Jamie of Ever After Events and Laurel at Estancia for helping us make this magical moment happen for them.
Great Great Great job to their wedding video and mad dash team: Bob, Bryan and Jonathan!!!
p.s. The flowers you see in the ceremony are by Organic Elements, ceremony was officiated by Bob Stevens and the guitarist you see playing in the beginning is Joe Bigham of Bop Gun
Leica + Ryan | Bali Hai, San Diego
Their morning ceremony was bright and colorful, a really joyous occasion. The Barongs (traditional formal Filipino shirt) worn by the groomsmen looked great in the sunlight, accented by the purple of the bridesmaids dresses and flowers. They ended their celebration with a gorgeous dove release and boated off to their new life together :)
Thanks Leica and Ryan! Hope you enjoy your photo preview!
Leica, waiting to see her groom
Photography | Bob Hoffman Video & Photography (Bob, Shawna & Bryan)
Floral | Yolanda Bada & Jennette Diaz
Videography | JB Productions
San Diego Wedding Party Bridal Show
We were there to videotape too, but that is of course not ready just yet. Here is last years show by Tom and what some couples had to say about it. We will post the new footage soon!
Nicola + Josh | Whirlwind Wedding
The engagement photos were done at Presidio Park (Josh's idea, and a good one!) and the wedding was held at Nicola's parents house in Spring Valley with a gorgeous video of the Sweetwater Reservoir.
Here are some of my favorite photos from their engagement and wedding day!
|Nicola has been taking sign language for years. For anybody who doesn't know, the sign they are making means "I Love You"|
|Josh, Nicola and me :)|
|Josh and his best man, Adrian|
|Nicola was a bit nervous, but she laughed it off when I sprayed her in the face with hair spray and burnt her with a curling iron! Nobody said I was a hair stylist|
All she wanted to do was get down there and see Josh!
|Kristan, Me, Nicola, Maribel - MOH and Cat (and little Bri hiding behind her mommy)|
Normie + Enrique | Downtown San Diego Engagement
US Grant | A Royal Affair | San Diego Wedding Showcase
This year marks the third annual Wedding Showcase and the best of the best in the San Diego wedding community were there to showcase the newest and coolest trends.
Check out the video we made of the gorgeous event:
Special thanks to the US Grant, all the exhibitors at the show, Tom and Bryan for creating such beautiful shots and Rockola for providing us with their music.
Kethurah + Akshay | San Diego Indian Wedding
Well I think Maria is a hero! Kethurah and Akshay decided to get married and gave Maria one weeks notice to plan! Maria did it with grace and pulled off a fabulous celebration! I'm so glad she asked us to be a part of it and that we were available to photograph and videotape for them.Congratulations Kethurah and Akshay.
with their fabulous wedding planner and friend
Coordination: | Maria Gomez-Laurens of Imagine Weddings
Venus | Bawarchi
Bouquet | Kathy Wright & Co
Photography | Bob Hoffman Video & Photography
Videography | Bob Hoffman Video & Photography
Kami + Christian - SURPRISE PROPOSAL SHOOT
Christian contacted us a few weeks ago to do a photo session with him and his girlfriend, Kami, while she was visiting him from Utah. As the session drew near Bob and I started to suspect he was going to propose during the shoot, but we didn't say anything. Sure enough as Bob and Bryan were setting up and Kami finished getting ready, Christian took me aside and pulled out a ring box!!!! He asked me to pick a great spot and we arranged a signal (talk about pressure). I tried to keep my composure, but I was definitely shaking, over-talking with excitement and fighting back tears. I don't want to say too much more or spoil the surprise in what you're about to watch, but I'm SO SO excited for Kami and Christian to see this slide show and share this special moment with their families!
About the video: Tara (Bob's wife), being the genius that she is, sent me a text message during the shoot. I normally ignore my phone on the job, but she called and texted so many times I thought it was a serious flood/fire/death emergency. Her text read: "I put the video camera in the car just in case he proposes to her :)" At that point the video camera was too far away and I couldn't (quickly) find a way to get the camera. But her text came just at the right moment. SO, I essentially forced Bryan into switching from photo to video mode on his camera while Bob and I snapped away. SURPRISE!
Thank you both for allowing us to take part in such a special and important moment. This was a first for us!
A few of the photos:
Celebrating Coordinators And Event Designers
Also, as it turns out (much to my embarrassment) that in the making of the party we discovered that I'm afraid of sparklers. Watch and laugh:
We had so much fun making this video and attending such a well planned and decorated event. We're really glad Suzanne thought of us. A lot of hands went into the making of this video. Brainstorming and ideas from our whole crew (plus Suzanne), but the majority of the credit goes to Bryan and Tara for shooting/editing & producing such great footage.
Lomas Santa Fe
Photos by Bob Hoffman Video & Photography
Flowers by Posy Peddler
Laraine + Anthony's Engagement Session
Educational Enrichment Systems (EES) 2010 Holiday Gift Giving
Educational Enrichment Systems, Inc. (EES) is a non-profit child development agency that has been offering early education programs to low-income, working families of San Diego County since 1979. They have 24 locations in San Diego and support over 1,300 local children
We are thrilled to be able to work so closely with such an essential community organization, plus the kids are always adorable and fun to photograph/videotape!
This year, Bill Walton and his wife Lori joined EES in their annual holiday gift giving. Thanks to EES and their generous community sponsors, all 1,325 EES children excitedly took home a toy this holiday season.
Bill McClelland at Hillside Pre-School
To learn more about EES and how you can help, or to see other event photographs and videos by Bob Hoffman Video & Photography, please visit www.educ-enrichment.org
Deni Jacobs with an EES child.
Bill Walton and EES Children
Philisa + Dave Engagement
Sydney + Dana
Christina + Scot Engagement
Wedding Videography Trend Report
Take a Sneak Peak at Our Article in
San Diego Style Weddings Magazine
October/November Issue - Page 342
From “in” colors and dresses to what’s hot in decor, videographers witness trends come and go. No matter what your style, be it traditional, romantic, eco-conscious, DIY or trendy, you want to be sure your wedding day is recorded! Ask any bride to recount her special day and she’ll say it just flew by. Regardless of this years trend, when you watch your wedding video ten, twenty or fifty years from now, there is nothing like seeing and hearing every moment of the most important day of your life. So, of course times change, but having every detail of your wedding recorded on video lasts forever, and what’s trendier than that?
Emerging 2010 Wedding Trends
1. High Definition (HD) has been available for weddings since 2007. With more couples owning HDTVs and Blu-Ray players, it’s becoming accessible to the average couple. HD is six times sharper than standard and actually provides a more flattering image (plus, any great videographer will edit away your blemishes anyhow). Soon, all videographers that haven’t already, will make the transition, making HD/Blu-Ray the norm in the wedding business. So, upgrade now and be thankful for the amazing quality later, because why wouldn’t you want the best that’s available in 2010? Since HD and Blu-Ray are still relatively new technologies, expect most videographers to charge $400 to $1,000 for the upgrade.
2. Shorter Videos Couples nowadays are asking for shorter videos. With our fast moving 2010 lifestyles, people are busy and don’t always have time to watch a full wedding video every time friends and family come over. So, many couples are opting for a highlight style video instead, or for both a full-length and shorter version. Short and sweet keeps the absolute best moments of the day in one short place.
3. Video Save-The-Date, Invite or Thank You's Similar to cake styles and flower arrangements, videography is constantly evolving with the times. For the eco or trendy/techie bride, wedding websites are in, and environmentally conscious. Video save-the-dates are equally cool, but also classy and unique with the added benefit of saving trees (and some green). So, why not spice up your wedding website with a video save-the-date, invite or thank you? Video clips can include information to replace the traditional paper inserts. Directions, hotel accommodations and registry instructions can be displayed through video graphics. Plus, you and your fiancé can show your ceremony and reception venues, give guests tips about what to do in town and detail how to RSVP. You could also include a montage of family photos, interviews with the bridal party and the story of how you first met. After the wedding a special “thank you” video can also be uploaded and emailed to your guests.
4. Incorporate Video into the Event One way to spice up the night is to incorporate video into the event! Love to party? Videographers will capture every special moment as it unfolds and project it onto a big screen. This is called a live-feed. From your dad’s tearful toast to the impromptu groomsman break dance sesh, every guest will feel included and at the front of the action.
5. Share Moments From Your Ceremony Surprise everyone at the reception by sharing the most beautiful moments of your wedding ceremony, freshly edited, and ready for viewing only hours after the ceremony. Videographers call this a same day edit or "mad dash." Your videographer shoots your pre-ceremony and ceremony as usual and has an assistant quickly edit the footage into a short highlight to play for your guests at the reception. It can be included with a love story, old home videos and pictures. Why it’s so cool: Your guests can’t see your faces, and oftentimes can’t clearly hear your vows during the ceremony, and you definitely don’t want all of them in the room with you while you get ready! These edits allow your guests a behind the scenes look at your relationship and your wedding day. Plus, its super romantic and bound to earn a tearful applause.
6. Videos for Your iPhone In 2010 we can hold technology in the palm of our hands, literally. So, why shouldn’t you be able to show your wedding video on the go? 2010 brides are asking for their highlight videos, re-cap and full length videos in a version compatible for showing on their smart phone or uploading to Facebook. Viewing your wedding online is the ultimate in convenience and portability.
All in all, find a way to navigate video into your budget, because sound and movement, professionally recorded by your videographer, can’t be preserved by photography. You should even consider your wedding video an investment for the future. Years from now you’ll watch it with your children. As you laugh and cry, you’ll reminisce about the awesome trends of 2010 and your amazing day! You will want to keep your video forever and it will become your most prized possession.